Thu, 01 Apr|
Don’t be a fool with your Cyber Security
This webinar is aimed at businesses and employees based in Greater Manchester and the North West.
Time & Location
01 Apr 2021, 12:00 – 13:00
About the Event
In recent weeks, police reports have shown a continued trend towards businesses and employees falling victim to phishing emails, phone calls (and texts) from scammers claiming to be working for HMRC, the NHS (Covid-19 vaccine), broadband providers and high street banks. This has to lead to financial loss, lost customer data, and compromised social media accounts.
- Tips on staying secure when filing your tax return.
- Guidance for small businesses when dealing with phishing scams.
- What is brand impersonation? How does this affect my business?
What's covered in this month’s webinar?
In this webinar, you'll be lead by MJ, Senior Ethical Hacker at the Cyber Resilience Centre. MJ will be discussing phishing, the importance of staff training, how a small business should deal with phishing scams and ransomware.
MJ will be joined by our Junior Ethical Hackers, who will be explaining simple measures you and your business can take to ensure you are protected.
This will include;
- Don’t fall for phishing scams or fraudsters when filing your tax return.
- Specific guidance for small businesses (and self-employed) on how to spot a phishing scam and what to do if your staff fall victim.
- Why Security Awareness Training is important for your staff.
We're hosting this event on Zoom, with live chat. All attendees have the opportunity to talk through any questions they have around cybersecurity, so come prepared!